Citrine and topaz both offer lovely options for November birthstone jewelry without breaking the bank. Although topaz is harder than citrine, both stones have relatively similar durability and can be used in any type of jewelry setting; though it is recommended that topaz be reserved for special occasions, due to its tendency to chip and break. If you want to wear your November birthstone jewelry every day, citrine is the sensible choice for rings and bracelets.
5 Things Jewelry Lovers Want to Know About the November Birthstone
- What makes the Citrine special? This gem is loved for its glorious autumn hues that range from light yellow to bright orange. It has derived its name from the French word “citron”, meaning lemon, and is popularly used in a variety of jewelry pieces. In the ancient times, this gemstone was believed to radiate positive energy and was also called the “gem of success”.
- Where does it come from? A member of the quartz family, citrine is found mostly in the mines of Brazil and Bolivia. This gemstone is also found in small pockets of Russia, Colombia, Madagascar and Congo.
- What are the legends associated with citrine? The beautiful citrine, widely popular for its charming appeal and rarity, has several legends surrounding it. Some folklore suggested that this gemstone would protect its wearer from evil thoughts. The Ancient Greeks carved various iconic images on this gem and used it to gain maximum benefits. Roman priests used this gem for protection, while the Egyptians believed it to be a talisman.
- What does a Citrine symbolize? Reflecting the warm and rustic autumn hues, the sizzling citrine is associated with numerous positive attributes. It is considered to bring mental clarity, emotional steadiness, and increased self-awareness, attract good things and promote inner peace in the wearer’s life. Citrine is also believed to be the bearer of the sun’s powers and a symbol of positivity, hope, happiness and growth.
- Which metal will best suit a citrine? This radiant orange gemstone pairs well with yellow, white, and rose gold. White gold and rose create an enchanting contrast effect against the sunshine hue of citrine. Yellow gold, on the other hand, accentuates its overall beauty.
What is the Official November Birthstone?
November birthdays are associated with two gems; Citrine and Topaz. The warm color of Citrine is said to be a gift from the sun and it’s believed to be a healing gemstone. Topaz is most desired in its rich orange Imperial Topaz color but it is found in a variety of rich colors like blue, pink and yellow.
Why Does November Have Two Birthstones?
Topaz is the historical birthstone for November but because of the rareness of yellow Topaz, Citrine became an official November birthstone in the early 1910s as jewelers learned by adding heat and pressure to amethyst it would turn yellow. The stunning color of the gem is due to iron impurities within its structure. It is one of the most popular and frequently purchased yellow gemstones.
What is the History about the November Birthstones?
Some believe the word “topaz” comes from the Sanskrit word tapas, which means “fire.” Others trace it back to the Greek topazos. This November birthstone was long thought to have many benefits. The ancient Greeks believed that topaz gave them strength. Citrine, is believed to derive from the French word for “lemon” (citron), is given for the thirteenth wedding anniversary it has shared history of mistaken identities with topaz. As a result, people thought citrine had the same powers as topaz. They believed the citrine birthstone could soothe tempers and calm the wearer.
What is the November Birthstone Color?
November birthdays have two options for birthstones: Topaz and Citrine. The color for November’s birthstone is golden yellow. While topaz is available in a variety of colors, yellow is the signature color for the November birthstone. Some choose blue topaz as an alternative, as it’s a popular color for topaz and more widely available than yellow topaz. Citrine is a golden yellow gemstone that ranges from pale yellow to brownish orange.
What is the November Birthstone Meaning?
The name topaz comes from the Greek word topazion, which stems from the Sanskrit tapas, meaning fire. One of the most colorful jewels, this enthralling gem comes in several types. Citrine is said to be a gift from the sun and it’s believed to be a healing gemstone.
What are Typical November Birthstone Rings?
It’s difficult to find a yellow topaz, especially one at a price most people can afford. That’s why citrine is a beautiful November birthstone that offers options at lower prices. The eye-catching color of Citrine comes alive in Joseph’s Jewelry collection of birthstone rings, available in white, yellow, and rose 14k gold.
What Are Typical November Birthstone Necklaces?
The yellow-golden color that is associated with November offers the same benefits such as, the ability to calm, heal, encourage prosperity, and brings forth strength and healing. Nothing shows off November’s beautiful vibrant yellow than a bracelet from Joseph’s Jewelry. Our collection includes birthstone bracelets like our Yellow Gold Round Citrine and Diamond Halo Bujukan Bangle Bracelet or our White-Yellow Gold Bujukan Bead Cuff Bracelet with Citrine and Diamond Stations bracelet, just to name a few.
Ranging from light yellow to brownish orange, Citrine’s name comes from the French word “citron,” signifying its fruit-like, yellow color. Measuring a 7 on the Mohs scale of hardness, citrine is relatively durable, making it a practical choice for everyday wear and special occasions. Citrine is one of the most popular gemstone choices for those looking for a yellow stone. Citrine is a type of quartz and makes for a very beautiful and stunning November birthstone. When purchasing citrine, consider the warmth of the stone’s color. The richer the hue, the more desirable the birthstone is, but also the more expensive.
At Joseph’s Jewelry, we carry the largest selection of fine gold and diamond jewelry near you on the Treasure Coast, including jewelry for men. You’ll find exactly what you’re looking for without having to drive around Stuart, Hobe Sound, Palm City, Jensen Beach, or Port St. Lucie for fine jewelry. Our professional jewelers will help you find the perfect gift every time you visit us nearby. You just don’t get that with an online jewelry store.
Our jewelry collection offers something for everyone born in November, stop by and see us today.